A variation of this poem was made a year ago as part of an English assignment. It was untitled. This one, however, is titled and is based on some thoughts that would probably allow me to create the most boring blog...ever, so this poem is cleary not the same one as the one I made last year. Still, this is what one gets when one tries to tamper with poetry.
Bestest.
As I looked into these pictures
I felt what happened once again
The laughter, joy, and smiles made
As I found the bestest friend.
I remembered the winter days and night
The summer sun, the autumn breeze
I remembered how we held each other
Just to keep our hearts appeased.
I remembered how you’d look for me
When disturbed by haunted nights.
How you wanted me to hold you
As we wait for morning light.
I remembered your happy laughter
When you delib’rately took me aside.
That time you hugged me really tightly?
It had me quite stupefied.
I remembered that summer day
Under the tree as the smiling sun shines.
You warmly said those three small words
As your heart held hands with mine.
As I looked into these pictures
I stopped looking at it once again.
The sadness, tears, and sorrow made
when you stopped being
my bestest friend.
1 comment:
Ah, sweet subject...so undoubtedly true and cruel :)
U gotta love poems ;)
Post a Comment