"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Friday, November 2, 2007

Life--what is it?

Disclaimer: This is not a response to Moo's topic

Honestly, I myself is unsure on what to blog--or what to say, at least. So I decided to come up with a topic I grow fond of over the past years of my journey to 'perfection'

Life

What is life? Obviously, it is something given to us by God-Almighty through the use of our parents. It is something...we breathe in, something that kept us moving, something that shaped us the way we are today and continuously do so.

It is something indescribable by words

It intrigue me how a word, so simple can mean a lot to others--yet disposable to the rest. How man can exclaim confidently to his friends and family 'I want to die! Take my life away!' with no sense of regret. How man spends them to fund wars--like coins to a piggy bank. How beautiful it can be, yet destructive and provoking to the next.

I remember the time when I became one of those disturbed individuals, saying such nonsense and outrage out-loud without limit. How foolish I was thinking how problems--my problems--can be solved through death. A quote from Joseph Stalin works well with it:

"Death solves all problem. No man, no problem."

That is untrue--so untrue.

Of course, he said such quote in an unrest war-time situation involving the sacrifice of many. But are we in such time? No. But we are in conflict with ourselves, our own being.

Life is fragile

Each day when I watch TV, read a novel, or waste my time in an ever-present distraction, millions and--probably--billions of lives flies to the skies above, or plunge to the depths below. Each day it gets you wondering: "When will my turn comes? When will death knock on my door?"
The answer never came--and you wish it never did. Death can be in the next corner, and you wouldn't even know it. Knowing how fragile life is, I don't understand why people were so keen on wasting them on drugs, smokes, and suicide--don't they realize they only have one chance to live? If so, why are they treating them that way? Funny... a warmonger like me can think such things when I'm supposed to think how to take it (life) away in the quickest and efficient way there is. Yet, I find this suits me just fine...can't hurt to think the other way around, right?

I view life as a game; a game in which you control the entire universe of one character as he slowly mature and change for the better--or the worse. And everything is in my control...

What about you? How do you view life?

No comments: