"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Sunday, November 25, 2007

Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge

Despite the stories, multiple morals on the harmful effects of revenge, still lust for it. Is it surprising to find out I am a vengeful person, I think it is not. While I am normally quite patient, some things do irk me against all my reason such that I could not suppress an immense desire for revenge. And let me tell you, when I carry a grudge which I rarely do, I keep it for at least ten years and counting seeing that my quite excellent memory had stored a large space for plans of revenge.

It is perfectly irrational and evil but revenge is sometimes necessary even if it results in digging my own grave. Maybe it is because I am an obsessive person, not being able to let go of the past and fragments of it in my lack of desire to live the present. Whereas countless times I have been given the morale of the destruction of self through revenge and the empty feeling it leaves you. In a twisted sense, after a bout of revenge, I feel satisfaction instead of the guaranteed emptiness and usually I feel an odd sense of arrogance and an unbeatable feeling of triumph and victory. Twisted but at the same time good.

So while in most cases revenge is indeed bad as it can leave two parties injured and have you feeling the emptiness of it all. Sometimes it is indeed true that there is few things more enjoyable than a dish of revenge served cold for someone no matter how twisted that is.

No comments: