"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanks for the Memories

Upon looking at albums of a younger me, an odd feeling came upon me as I looked at myself. It is something like bitterness, as I regretted what I had lost to ascend in the social ladder of human society. Also something that is wonderful and when I saw pictures of the young me, I was smiling perhaps from both bitterness and happiness. To see myself before all the complications, and see peace within those eyes, to know that there was a moment in my pathetic life that had received some level of happiness filled me with a strange sense of joy.

I have hated to have my photos taken during my childhood only to enjoy it now as a pathetic attempt to remember the memories that I want to but cannot remember. Looking back at the photos a part of me felt what I was feeling at that very moment which is why I make sure nowadays to have my picture taken when i am happy as a reminder of happy times. Of course, since most of the time I am rather depressed the desire for me to take pictures of myself is extremely rare. For that, I thank my parents for taking photos of me despite my protests as a child during my years of adolescence as the happiness and innocence pres4ent at me during that one omement in time was relived for a brief second.

No comments: