"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Forgotten

They say that people never really die as long as they are not forgotten.
But...
Eventually they will be...forgotten
For me, I suppose that I was forgotten earlier than most.
...Before my death.
But I preferred this.
Being forgotten while I was alive.
Despite the pain. The sorrow. The desire of change. Yet the hopelessness of it.
I know that I will not die twice.
I will only have one death.
After which peace ensues.
A life never lived.
Appropriately ended by a death unlike those of others.
Unlike the living.
I will die once.
Already forgotten.

No comments: