"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Friday, September 21, 2007

Of Social Animals and Human Outcasts

Disclaimer: This entry might be offensive to some people.

Ok, I am having a fever, I am delerious. The last post, well, ignore that one. This one is so much more silly.

People are willing to do anything for acceptance and social status. They take on hellish jobs just to be able to flaunt it among peers and be admired. They purchase manors, to be able to boast it among their circle of friends. They push down their principles, suppress morals, fake feelings, put up with horrible things just to still have friends. And thus I ask why?

To what purpose is all the earthly hell, just to fake a relationship? Why put up pretensions among people who do not like you for you are and who you might not see in your death bed? Are we that desperate for a tiny charade of affection among people who do not like us? Man might be called social animals but it is shameful to degrade yourself to the status of a lowly animal just for social respect. And thus even if you feel like an outcast, I treasure your existence far more than I treasure the social animal in the center of popularity.

Who are your people to ask of you to adapt yourself to them? Be your own man. You'll be less tired and worn from the work of pretension and acting. You will also be less ridiculed behind your back by people as no one really likes pretenders or attention-seekers. Everyone is secretly ridiculed or gossiped of but the difference is for social outcasts, you know while for popular animals it is clandestine. From this observation, is it not better to be an outcast and know your enemies than to be popular and pathetically entertain your actual, secret enemies who are inwardly amused of your foolish efforts to appease them?

Sure, it would be tiring work being in solitude a lot but well, you'll find someone who cares for you. Feeling lonely in solitude is infinitely better than feeling lonely in a crowd. And in the end, you won't regret sticking to your own identity to find the real and faithful people.

For that I admire social outcasts, honest people, rude fellows and such people. They do not compromise themselves to be able to have a relationship but seek out people who accept them for their true self. There is no trouble, no lies and no hassles. Just honesty and affection, the fundamental foundation of social interaction. If you find yourself without friends, well, do not feel sad or depressed. I mean, its people's loss to lose the chance of knowing you.
Unless that is if you are a really horrible person. (Be amused or feel pity...here)

(Delerious Speech of Yada yada 1 -End-)

5 comments:

Naphthalene said...

are you always this cynical? do you mean what you say?

Just Wondering :)

And what's lorem ipsum?

Enchanting Pixie said...

Hmmm.. Very cynical, I agree..
but one things strikes me.
I believe, now this is just me here, I believe that there is NEVER nothing you can do about something.

It's either you don't care, your happy and you don't mind or you underestimate yourself in trying to apply change unto the your own life or the lives of people around you.

I personally think you a wonderful person to be around. Smart, witty, unique and very special indeed.

rachi said...

I like the way you've written this, but I disagree with you on one account. I would not applaud the 'social outcasts' and the likes; I don't believe that it's necessarily because of they intend to have people love them for being "rude".

A person's attitude is not unchangeable--and being a disagreeable or unlikable person does not earn you merit for not conforming with 'everyone else'.

It's not right for a person to expect to be accepted completely for "the way they are"--people are not perfect, and should be willing to change for the better. And yes, if they're completely horrible, well...

For the record though, I wouldn't think that you're one of those people. :) Which makes me wonder why you'd say that.

Anonymous said...

when you say that people should not "expect to be accepted" for the way they are, you're implying that people should not be comfortable with their personal selfs. They should strive for change.
But them coming across as 'rude' to you just may not be 'rude' to them.

Are you upset that people expect others to accept them as they are whi, or that they're not doing what YOU EXPECT them to do, become more like you?

vitriolic said...

of topic. VINNY WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS GONE? BI! BI! Bi!! email me ur thingo ASAP at steph.tangkil@hotmail.com

Vinnnyyyyyy.. dot dot dot.. yes.. i am desperate