"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Sunday, September 9, 2007

Unknown


Disclaimer: This poem was made a few weeks ago and is NOT to be graded. Comments are always accepted.

Lonely is the word that defines my heart,

Mistakes are the things I do each day,

Missing are so many patches in my soul,

My mask is what I show…


Empty is what I feel,

Unloved, unreliable is the world I see...

Trust is what I long to do,

Shattered was it that my hope was too…


Nevertheless I wake and sleep with a smile,

A smile so weak only time will tell…

How long I’d sustain it, no one will ever know,

Let this be what no one knows…


Let this be a secret closed,

My life, my love so tragic it seems…

My heart no longer able to rejoice in anyway,

My tears to myself no one could know…

For counting it would be standing in the pouring rain

of such a sunny day…

No comments: