"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Different yet Unoriginal Perspective.

Disclaimer: This blog might be offensive to some so I downgraded almost all possible insulting words. If you still find it insulting, well think of it as a sarcastic joke where I contradict my own ideas and you'll find it infinitely more amusing. And for the last time I am not bitter.

Call me stupid, untalented, ugly and spineless and I would thank you for it. Why? Simply because you cared enough. In the past, I was well, intolerant of criticism. I still am though but I think of criticism in a different perspective and thus feel and act upon it differently.

First of all, I try not to think those anonymous people who criticize your work in the internet as my enemies but well, people who cared enough to drop a line and want to make a difference. Those people over the internet is not someone I know personally and thus insults don't really work unless I know the person and if I do know them, confrontation is easy . And you should appreciate the time they donated for some length of comment as they are so affected by your work that they had to well, try to show opposing views or appreciation. I mean, they are wasting precious moments of their life that could be donated to more worthwhile. personal endeavor yet they choose to comment on a work of someone they might not even know personally. And well, if they are angry and says a lot of crass words or insults, does that not mean that you have sparked a passion in someone which is the idea of writing? I am saying is that the people criticizing your grammar, vocabulary and shoddy ideas are people too and more importantly people you do not know so please try not to judge each other before knowing and meeting. If commentators are honest about their feelings does it not mean that the world is in a better place as an individual can express how he feel freely?

I am not saying that flames are justified I am saying that one should look from different perspectives before judgment and also try not to bring insults from people might not know you close to heart. How could we hate someone and their views before knowing him? If that is how the world is going to be even over the internet, I shudder to contemplate the idea of a generation of people who wants to kill the other without first knowing each other's lives. Think of those comments as constructive criticism towards growth and you will find yourself glad that they did comment and not just ignore your passionate words.

Comments over the internet show that to some extent people still care for your opinions and ideas. You might think that I am a hippie or peace lover but I am not and in fact I am able to violently kill the person I hate. What I don't get is how people can have such strong feelings towards people they do not know, who might have similar lives and who might even be using the same brand of toothpaste as each other. Commentators are not enemies, oh sure they might be annoying at times but what they say do have a grain of truth in them time from time. These people we regard as enemies are infinitely better than the other people we see everyday walking past us. At least these commentators would do something if they see you doing something they regard as wrong and to a certain extent I treasure commentators more than those who just read and leave without sharing their views. Those people that read something and was not even affected enough to leave behind their views show less care towards us than those that insults us. Don't get me wrong, I rarely leave comments for posts as well but thats because I don't really care for anything in my life because I have no more excitement in my soul. Unless you are someone like me, well show you care for what this person thinks by commenting today. Don't be lazy. Its just nice to see someone attempt to make a difference. Of course it would be nice if this was done nicely but everyone has different approaches to initiate change and thus who am I but an ugly, spineless, stupid and untalented man to condemn that one person I do not know who is trying to initiate change while I am doing nothing?

Note: Sorry. O.o
(Ostentatious rambles from the realm of insanity part 3 -end-)

4 comments:

vitriolic said...

vinny, as always I love your blog entries, but why is it on Nicholas V. again? 3 this week? im a bit ashamed that i too wrote about the whole commenting fiasco.. :(

Lazy Squid said...

Its not about Nicholas V. He never commented me so I am indifferent to his existence. This one is dedicated to you guys and your reactions.

Lazy Squid said...

Umm, Sorry I wrote something distinctly related to Nicholas V, I did not realize after your comment how stupid I was. Well, I am really uncreative so please make allowances for me this once as this idea just came to me without my knowledge of how uncreative I was. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

this is hilarious. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm gonna die. true though, I'm quite happy that at least people's been reading and taking an interest in what I'm posting (even though that interest may not be positive), at least people care...