"These days, what people would long for is probably as simple as 'silence' or peace. Scarce as it is, one may go through great lengths to find it. Some might climb the highest of mountains, solve the hardest of challenges, or even lock oneself in one's room, just to find one's inner peace; one's own unique reason to smile at a world that looks at oneself in disgust and hate. As for us, we find our peace by expressing ourselves. Maybe that's why we smile everyday..."


Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pretension: Web of Lies in School

Disclaimer: Turn away if you are pro-school establishment and detests people like me.

The present, the future of the past. We are today, in a world of pathological liars. It is such that we even have to study Theory of Knowledge in school just to be able to discern from the lies and facts. In school, I see the pretension everywhere but yet I am not sure because people lie so well I could not be sure of anything anymore. I always thought of school as a fun place, a location of young innocence accompanied by truth but now I had been disillusioned by the very location I trusted. Friendships, actions, attitudes, kindness, emotions; to what extent is lies and to what extent is the truth? I have seen people use friendship as a way to manipulate and gain such that it is no surprise that insecurity and paranoia reigns. Betrayals are common-place and lying is nothing new. Even feelings are doubted to be genuine and even the liars do not feel their lies and finally depends on these fake attitudes, skills and emotions to get through the day. I have seen the facade of so-called Christians and I am sure that people have noticed how their well-hid hypocrisy reigns. I have seen tiny lies, students lying to teachers about homework or big ones that affect all morality in this "sanctimonous ground" I have seen malingerers, liars, sociopaths steal the truth from idealists who are naive enough to believe that the truth actually exists in the ostentatious sacredness of school.

People may deny that they are lying because they had lied so well in almost everything, they could no longer even know whether they are lying or not. But deep in their subconcious, embedded into a tiny part of their mind, at some inopportunite moment, I sense that maybe their mind would ebb with a certain pulse they rarely feel but ignore when they feel. Lying has been so natural that eventually, it corroded us into further moral decay. It is such that even when others lie, we do nothing to counter it despite the knowlege of the truth. Gone are the days of mouths washed with soap, reprimands or chiding. Is leniency towards lies turning us all into hypocrites one sense or the other? Are all the rules against lying and all the advice just a way to lie to ourselves that we are alright and we still uphold honesty? Lying might be a manner of how people protect themselves but even in the tiniest manner of lies corrodes us as humans even further no matter how protected. The truth has become very expensive nowadays and we now live in perpetual fear of the truth. In essence, it is so much easier to be ignorant and stupid today than to know of something. The world has turned upside down as the foolish mock those with knowledge and boasts over their ignorance.
The worst part is the ignorant are the lucky ones.

It is ludicrous. How can we trust each other or have friends or do business if we all lie continuously and without remorse? Yet this system of lies works and even works well I might add. The payment for this system is of course our soul as God is now more distant than ever. In this web, God is stranded and tangled, unable to penetrate our wall of lies and fake feelings. I am not even sure that all I feel and write is the truth anymore. This is what I feel right now. This might be the truth but it might not be as I am not exempted from the sin of lies. But as you read this, I sincerely wish for your sake that you are different from me or the other liars. Ask yourself, is what I am feeling true or how I should feel? Is what I am thinking my own or others' or my lies? And you will know fear of truth is there as you fear and deny your own monstrosity.

I wish you, the reader are free of this sin.
I wish too if you are one of us, you will be liberated by someone soon.
So that you can finally be able to emancipate your personality from your own chains.
But A wish is just a wish I fear.

I bid you adieu and honestly, I doubt any comments or readers will come again.

"Ostentatious Drabbles from The Realms of Insanity: Part 1 ENd"

5 comments:

"Moo," said the cow. said...

wow. that is deep. so deep.
very deep.
like 10000 ft deep, you know? so freakin' deep.

Anonymous said...

I adore this. This is love. I have no idea who the author is though. Can you guys please use your actual names for your display names? Please.

Dr Voltspersecond said...

some of us 11th graders are extravagantly satiric, no? Of course, I do hold no objections to this bizzare excogitation of mine, but we may never know each other to the apex.
And yes, I do agree with Gary. I would like the author to display his/her real name.

-yoga

rachi said...

...Everyone uses hard language for their blogs. -____- Anyway, good on you for writing it so eloquently. A little sharp and almost way too cynical for my tastes, but I'll reserve my own opinions in this subject, for now.

Pb, lead said...

When I moved here I was shocked, to say the least, at the amount of hypocrisy that goes around. After all, SPH does parade itself as a "Christian" school. Sadly though, even I have gotten used to it.

It's not that we don't know it exists, it's that we don't WANT to know that it exists because then we'll realize what a mess we have to clean up. No one wants to do the dirty work and it's just so much easier to leave things as they are.

Needless to say, I love this post for all the wrong reasons. ;)

Heh...