Some might wonder 'what' is this about or 'why' is it here when it is supposed to be in a History-related blog. This is NOT a History-related post (though I wish it is), but a PERSONAL OPINION on the situation happening in our school right now. Second, you might feel offended by some of my degrading comments; well, this is a blog afterall, so feel free to leave flaming comments on how terrible my grammar is and yes, I AM trying to IMPROVE it.
So anyways, on to the topic...
If you have been spending some quality time, has a sister, or lingering around our school's current year 9, you might notice this small 'system' going around each student. This is written due to a response from a student; a friend of mine in the year level commentted about her class and how explicitly degrading her year level is.
Notice, the year nines (and their previous years) has been operating in such 'feudal' system. Why? Scroll down and I'll tell you why
-For those people in year 9, be ashamed of yourself and how PATHETIC your system works! GET A LIFE!!-
-For those in year 9 feeling oppressed, STAND UP AND SCREW THOSE WHO'S OPPRESSING YOU! THIS CALLS FOR A REVOLUTION!!!!-
*Military fanaticism mode ON*
Ok, here's my opinion and my view. Sure, it is rather innacurate at some point but again, this is a BLOG and I have FREEDOM TO WRITE HERE!! Well, anyways...
Firstly, the 'Oppressed and the Oppressor'. If you major or is majoring in History, you shoul've studied about the Dark Ages and beyond in Europe. Remember how the system works? Peasants and Landlords along with the corrupt Church System.
Now lets 'apply' this system to the year nines. The bullies plays as the Landlords of Europe, those who organize them were the butt-ugly corrupted Catholic Church in the 12th Century, while the oppressed acts as the peasants. Familiar? Definitely! Got a hang of it? Good!
Second, 'Debts and Payments'. Ok, the peasants do the hardwork, the landlords took the credits of the peasants by a large degree, and turns to the Church where they (the Church) would be 'teaching' the peasants to keep the peasants in control.
Lets 'compare' this with today's society. The 'oppressed' do the hard labor, working 24seven on their own homework and/or assignments. The 'Oppressor' comes in, forcefully 'tax' the 'Oppressed' and gave them THEIR homework. Sometimes forcing them to wash their oh-so dirty and ragged up clothes after P.E. The 'Corrupted Catholic Church' were 'paid' through support (ranging from homework to gossips) from the 'Oppressor'. The 'Church' is basically the Provocators; the mastermind, creating enemies and/or 'guards'; or as I say it, 'preaching rumors and lies' to keep the 'peasants' in complete control. Got that so far?
Now, here's the thing about 'Kings and Queens'; the teachers. The year 9 sticks to this strict rule: NO ONE REPORT TO THE TEACHER. If reported, he/she will be considered as 'coward' and will be publicly discriminated and oppressed even further; typically the peasants.
The 'Church' keeps the 'peasants' under control from reporting, hoping to have 'a clean name'. If one is reported, they'd cooperate with each other, fooling the 'Kings and Queens' and avoiding punishment before turning to the peasants and punshing THEM for reporting.
Or in another case when both are powerless, they'll report to ANOTHER 'Kings and Queens' hoping to 'lighten' their punishment; which what I think unnecessary since they (Landlords and Church) has been oppressing the 'Peasants' for more than 3 consecutive years!
When will justice be brought upon these Landlords and Church? Who knows when...
When will these Landlords and Church be brought to trial for their actions? Who knows...
When will these Landlords and Church stop oppressing those weaker? Who knows...
A quote from Alexander II sounds perfect for a blog like this:
"We should free them (the serfs) from above, rather than they free themselves from below"
5 comments:
Okay. This is insane. Comparing the ninth grade to the feudal system is just too far of a stretch. Haha. Interesting perspective though.
as they may say, history tends to repeat itself.
-yoga
I agree with Gary. Comparing the ninth grade to the feudal system is a bit too far fetched. However, it doesn't hurt to hear BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY.
Okay. This is insane. Comparing the ninth grade to the feudal system is just too far of a stretch. -gary
I agree. I guess we can understand that you feel emotional about it, but it seems unfair to consider these ninth graders to tyrannical monsters bent on making other people's lives living hell.
At least that's what I got out of it.
A bit of wishful thinking maybe, but I guess I can see it.
Seriously though, without the hypocrisy (or even with it), our school's really boring so I can see where you're coming from.
Let's start an underground radical group!
Post a Comment